Join the LiveLoveHoop Troupe and spread the joy of hulahooping!
To create a vibrant and joyful amateur hula hoop troupe that will share the love of hooping with Brighton and Hove and beyond.
- To grow the Brighton and Hove hoop community by sharing hooping (and LiveLoveHoop) with a larger audience through choreographed performances at local events, festivals, charity events and more.
- To build the hoop and performance skills of troupe members and provide a mentoring experience in a fun and supportive environment
- To create a social experience and a supportive family of hoopers!
Am I ready to join the LiveLoveHoop Troupe?
- Love hooping and want to spread the joy?
- Want to challenge yourself?
- Fancy performing in front of an audience in a supportive group environment?
- Want to make more hoop buddies?
Then you are ready to join! Passion and commitment is more important to us than technical tricks, so don’t be scared if you feel you’re ‘not good enough’ – you are! We welcome all ages, sizes, races, genders, orientations etc.
As a LiveLoveHoop Troupe members you’ll get:
- Performance training
- Weekly practice time
- Regular performance experience
- Community and friendship
- New hoop skills
Please note this is not a professional troupe, it’s a labour of love and fun! It’s definitely not a money making exercise for anyone involved (including Jo!).
Expectations and attitude
As a troupe we want to be happy, have fun and work well together. To do so we all need to:
- Turn up on time for rehearsals and performances
- Be reliable and honour commitments. No flakes!
- Practice outside of training (when possible) to be the best you can be
- Be open and honest. Give any criticism or concerns in a constructive and polite manner. Speak up when you need to, knowing you’re in a supportive and open environment. No drama llamas or passive agressive peeps!
- £30 per 6 week term (or pro rata if terms are longer/shorter). Or if you also attend Jo’s hoop courses, it’s £15. This goes towards venue hire and Jo’s travel and admin time. Left over funds (if any) will be invested back into the troupe.
- A matching hoop – either buy or make your own
- Costumes – we keep the costs down as much as possible
- Additional fees may be added to pay for Public Liability Insurance renewal, but you will get info on that in advance and it will be split between everyone.
Rehearsal location and commitments
We will rehearse 1 hour per week, in blocks synced with term time.
Rehearsals will be from 6-7pm at the Brighton and Hove High School on Temple Gardens.
Below are the dates up until Christmas 2019
Term 1 – 7 weeks
20 September – 15 October
Term 2 – 6 weeks
5 November – 10 December
As a troupe we will apply for events and festivals we want to attend in 2020, as well as accepting offers to perform for charities.
You will be able to commit to performances as and when they come along, so they fit in with the rest of your life. Obviously we encourage you to do as many as you feel comfortable with for the most experience for you.
We will aim to perform as a group with as many of us as possible at the LiveLoveHoop Christmas Party, date TBC.
Hoop class commitments
If you have only been hooping for less than a year or you feel you are out of practice, we do ask that you sign up for 2 consecutive hoop courses with Jo (either the Beginners or Intermediate depending on your skill level) as well as the troupe rehearsal. We can offer a discount on these courses for you so it is accessible – see above.
Express your interest to join!
Please email us letting us know you Hoop history/experience and that you’re happy with the costs/start dates and all the info above. And we will be in touch very soon with more info.
Leave a Reply