Want the best job ever?
Get your Hoop Teacher Training Certification and spread the love! We have qualified hundreds of hoop instructors since 2012 and many of them have gone on to build successful hoop businesses in the UK and abroad.
Get in touch with Jo via [email protected] if you have any questions at all or, if you’re ready to rock, you can find our next course dates and book online at the bottom of this page! You can also sign up for our mailing list to be the first to hear about new training dates and early bird pricing!
Learn how to teach fantastic hoop classes
Our weekend training courses cover the foundations of hoop teaching for both adults and children including:
- how to break down and teach beginner hoop tricks with confidence
- how to structure a 6 week beginner hoop course including lesson plans
- troubleshooting and solving common beginner problems
- structuring multi-level hoop classes, courses and one-off workshops
- hoop specific warm-ups and cool-downs
- how to teach children including classes, parties and playing hoop games
- teaching hoop for fitness
- advice on teaching the elderly and those with special needs
Create a unique and successful hoop business
You’ll learn how to set up, market and run your own successful hoop business including:
- practical advice about insurance, licences, accounts, hiring hoop spaces, technical equipment and hoop making and selling
- how to promote your classes and workshops
- how to pitch yourself to schools, festivals, hen parties, events and for performances
- goal setting and business planning
You’ll also enjoy
- a comprehensive manual including all training information and lesson plans for a 6 week beginner course
- lots of practical exercises and practice teaching
- a small group with plenty of discussion time to cover your individual questions
- a delicious vegetarian picnic lunch
- access to individual support after the training finishes
- advice on accommodation in Brighton
- potential employment opportunities with LiveLoveHoop
Am I ready to teach hoop?
Are you passionate about hooping and want to share it with others? Then you are ready to teach! Ideally if you have at least 6 months hooping experience then you will be better placed to absorb the course content, however, everyone progresses at different levels, so please contact us if you’re unsure.
We run weekend trainings three or four times a year in Brighton and often run one or two trainings in other parts of the UK too. If you have four or more people willing to do the hoop teacher training and can help organise a venue, Jo will happily come to you. We also run international hoop instructor training sessions, so do get in touch if you’re interested in having one in your country.
I don’t use PayPal, can I pay by BACs?
Yes, no problem, just email us and we will send you our bank details.
What payment plan do you offer?
If you’d like to spread your payments across a number of months, no problem! You will need to put down a £75 non-refundable deposit (either via the PayPal button below or email us for bank transfer details). Then we chat via email and work out a payment plan for the remainder that works for us both, as long as the final balance is all paid before the training begins (most people go for £50-100 per month). Please note that the payment plan is only for the full cost of the training – we cannot offer early bird discounts.
See our FAQ’s on all the information you need about our Teacher Training! Visit the Teacher Training section on the FAQ’s page.
Jo is an amazing teacher and mentor and I highly recommend her teacher training course. Jo has given me the confidence and skills I need to turn my ideas in to reality and follow my hooping dream. Thanks Jo, you are awesome!
– Claire Polson
Jo’s teacher training intensive course was great in all respects. She included some insight into the theory of teaching, along with teaching practice (with very constructive feedback) and practical advice about running classes. I would recommend the intensive course to anyone interested in helping others learn how to hoop. A valuable experience and brilliant fun. Thank you!
– Sarah Paddock
Jo’s teacher training was a fantastic experience. The course was very clearly structured and included a great mix of the theory of teaching and practical advice. Jo is a very positive person and has a lot of experience as a hoop teacher in all different kinds of settings. The group size (I think there were eight of us) was just about right, and it was great to share thoughts with some other hoop (teaching) enthusiasts. Jo provided us with a course book that even includes suggestions on how to structure a 6 week course – a great help if you don’t quite know where to start. I can’t wait to start my own hoop class soon. Thanks so much Jo!
– Lisa Lake