Jo Mondy has been teaching adults and kids how to spin hoops all over the world for over 5 years and she is excited to share her teacher training course with you.
This weekend intensive will cover the foundations of hoop teaching for both adults and children – breaking down tricks, structuring courses and workshops, teaching multi-level classes, playing hoop games and much much more (see below for more info on content).
You’ll also learn how to set up and run your own hoop business. There’ll be lots of time for practical exercises and discussion time with Jo and the rest of the small group. And you’ll get your very own comprehensive manual covering the content of the weekend.
The aim of this course is to help you find your own unique teaching style and give you the confidence and foundations for you to share your love of hula hooping with others.
Interested? Please email Jo now to sign up for Brighton intensive OR if you have 4 or more people interested in your local area, she can set up a training just for you!
- Date? 8/9th March 2014
- Time? 10am-5.30pm Saturday and 9.30am-5.30pm Sunday.
- Where? Hanover Community Centre, 33 Southover Street Brighton – map About 20 min walk from Brighton train station and easy to get to from Gatwick Airport. Accommodation over the weekend provided if you need it!
1) Early Bird rate, if you pay full amount by end of 2013 – £270.
2) Regular rate, if you need to access a payment plan, i.e. paying small amounts over the next few months up until the event - £320
- Bookings? Email Jo to book in! There is a maximum 6 places per course.
Who is the course for?
- Hoopers who want to learn how to teach in a professional context - in classes, festivals and events
- Hoopers who want to delve deeper into their own personal hoop practice and learning journey
- Fitness professionals who want to add another fun and interesting workout to their repertoire
- School teachers who want to share the fun of hoop with their students
- Explanation on the different styles of hooping (fitness, circus, dance) and how to discover your own unique teaching style
- How to teach beginners including:
- How to break down and teach individual hoop tricks
- How to structure a 6 week beginner course – includes textbook/manual with comprehensive lesson plans and practical teaching exercises
- How to structure a one-off workshop (for festivals, schools, events)
- Incorporating hoop games and hoop specific warm ups and cool down
- How to pinpoint and solve common beginner problems and questions
- How to teach multi-level classes and more advanced students
- How to create your own unique lesson plans and workshops from scratch
- The difference between teaching children and adults and advice on teaching people with special needs
Hoop business content
- Advice on how to promote yourself and your classes and workshops
- Practical advice about insurance, hiring hoop spaces, technical equipment and hoop making/selling
- Guidelines and suggestions about marketing and publicity materials.
You’ll also receive:
- Certificate of completion
- A comprehensive manual including all training information and lesson plans for a 6 week beginner course and beginner workshops
- Access to individual support after the training finishes
- Employment opportunities with LiveLoveHoop
- Lunch on both days and accommodation in Brighton if required.
To effectively teach hoop to beginners I suggest you have at least 6 months hooping experience. However everyone progresses at different levels, so please contact me if you’re unsure whether you’re ready.
Testimonials from 2012 Teacher Trainees
My weekend of training was everything I was hoping for. I now feel equipped to go and start teaching my own class and incredibly empowered as well. Jo’s skilful teaching and coaching meant I left the weekend inspired and energised. Thank you!
All of the course was useful and enjoyable. I particularly enjoyed looking at how moves are broken down and the lesson planning.
I’ve really enjoyed this weekend and I now feel ready to pursue my dreams!
The course was well structured, thorough and easy to follow. The small class meant I felt comfortable speaking in front of others, and meant we got more time to learn and practice in a chilled and friendly environment.
Jo is extremely thorough and takes time to walk through each aspect of hoop teaching. There’s a lot of class discussion that is topical and relevant to help each individual relate to the situation being discussed. The manual contained all aspects addressed in the course and answered most queries. It’s great not to have to write so many notes as it’s all laid out.
The manual is going to become my hoop bible! So useful and relevant and easy to find the right bit.
Jo Mondy is one of the most creative and diverse teachers I have met. She can teach anything from hardcore multi hoop circus workshops to tapping into creativity and finding your flow classes. Jo is amazing at getting the best out of students through her enthusiasm and her ability to break things down for people. Jo has built a huge community of skilled hoopers in Brighton and her teacher training will help you do the same in your community. I would thoroughly recommend learning from her.
Female hooper of the year 2011
Jo’s classes are ridiculously good fun and energising but what I love most about her teaching is that she has created methods of learning that can be applied to any activity, genius!
Dance Instructor in Brighton
Meeting Jo, and discovering hooping has changed my life. Jo is an enthusiastic and inspirational teacher, her classes are fun, friendly and full of laughter. I’ve learnt an awesome skill I can keep on developing for the rest of my life, made some great friends and found a fun way to keep fit. Now I even want to teach others as, again thanks to Jo, I’ve realised how much I do love to help people learn and seeing the light bulb go on when they “get” something is almost a better feeling than when it happens to me.
Long time LiveLoveHoop student